Dear Parents and Campers,
Welcome to our 2013! This year brings new changes for Mt. Palomar Bible Camp. Because of the decreasing number of campers over the past several years we have decided to go back to having all three camps run during the same week. The camp dates for 2013 are July 1st through July 6th, 2013. This is how we use to run camp from when I was a little girl until camp got so big we needed to split the camps into two weeks. Having camp together has many advantages and we are excited to celebrate July 4th with the Palomar staff. They always have a parade and celebrate our independence in style.
The week at camp will be filled with activities that will be both fun and spiritually challenging. For the past three decades, there have been many lives that have been positively impacted by this camp experience, and we know that your child will enjoy it also!
At camp, your child will learn new things, make new friends, and be kept busy in fun, constructive ways. Spiritual activities will help each camper come to know more about God and His Word, sports activities including basketball, softball, swimming, hiking, archery, and field recreation will keep campers active, and of course, meeting new people and making new friends is always a highlight of camp! While on the mountain, campers will be well supervised by experienced camp Directors, Staff members, and Counselors. Our very capable camp Directors for 2011 are:
- Elementary Youth Camp: Graham Clifford, Youth Minister at La Mesa Church of Christ
- Jr. High Camp: Matt Raines and Randy Robertson
- High School Camp: Javon Johnson, Youth Minister at North County Church of Christ
The health and safety of your child is of primary concern at camp. Our nursing staff includes Toni Hicks, RN, Maggie Guth, RN, and Julie Magos, RN. All of these women are registered, licensed nurses, and very experienced with camp. The information you provide in your child’s registration packet will assist them in achieving our high standards for physical and mental wellness at camp.
Please take time now to review and complete the registration forms for 2013 camp. Your child will not be registered for camp, or have a spot reserved for him or her until ALL of the following forms are completed and processed with your full payment (either Online or to your church registration volunteer(s) or to the San Diego Christian Foundation (please check with your home church first!):
- REGISTRATION FORM – Elementary, Jr. High or High School
- MEDICAL RELEASE FORM – must include picture of camper on back
- EXPRESS ASSUMPTION of RISK FORM – release of liability for SDCF
- LIVING BY THE RULES / BAPTISM CONTACT FORM – if your child has already been baptized, please indicate that on the form and turn in
- CONFERENCE CENTER ACTIVITIES RELEASE/WAIVER FORM – for activities through Mt. Palomar Christian Camp
Please remember to SIGN each form, have your child SIGN the appropriate forms, and attach a photo of your child to the Medical Release form. These forms must be complete and in the hands of camp personnel in order for your child to attend camp!
ALL FORMS AND PAYMENTS SHOULD BE PROCESSED ONLINE OR RETURNED TO EITHER:
1. San Diego Christian Foundation, 4282 Balboa Ave, San Diego, CA 92117 Attn: Bible Camp
2. Canyon View Church of Christ members: See Lawrence Roberts for specific information.
If you have questions about camp, please contact Executive Director Toni Hicks at 619-788-6612 or Contact Us or your congregational camp volunteer.